Sunday, February 21

A Bike ride !!

After waking up to 4" of the white stuff,today's planned long ride was not looking too promising. Just as I was settling down for a day on the sofa the snow was slowly starting to melt. By the time I'd had lunch things were looking better and I decided to take the road bike out for a spin about 1400. It was quite pleasant out,about 3-4c I would guess with little wind and occasional sunshine. I decided to take my Focus cayo road bike out,which is probably the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden. I set off passing through the local villages of Llangedwyn,Penybont and Penybontfawr and to the top of a climb sitting at over 1000' above sea level just past the village of Penygarnedd. Some nice views from the top gave me the perfect excuse to have a breather after the long climb. The long descent that leads into Llanfyllin is pretty long (3.5mile) drops from 1040' to about 640' it's pretty fast and is good reward for the previous climb. Not so great in winter as the wind chill is quite significant by the bottom.The rest of the ride is relatively flat with the odd pull. I Passed through the villages of Bwlch-y-cibau,Llansantffraidd and onto Llanymynech and Melverley. All in all a fun ride in surprisingly comfortable conditions. I would love to report that I was welcomed home with enthusiasm and open arms but I guess sometimes staying in bed is just too much of a luxury for some !



Total 40mile/2236' In 2hr 20min.

No comments:

Post a Comment