Wednesday, June 30

Update

A rather embarrassing delay between posts. Where was I ?

May 9th - Did the Darley moor road race with a club mate. 55km of flat fast circuit racing. Ave speed of 26mph. I managed to stay in the pack but slightly missed the boat in terms of the sprint and came home out the points in about 20th. Great experience and training.

May 22nd - Proudly represented the county in the intercounties fell championships in North Wales. I was one of four selected on a very hot day and ran pretty well. I finished 24th and was second counter for Shropshire. Overall the team finished 10th county and beat some good more traditional fell teams.

May 24th-May 31st - Holiday in Corfu

June 2nd - Straight off the beach to do the Shropshire summer series race,Batch Bash. A good field for a mid week race. Ran ok considering the break and finished 4th behind Tim Davies and Steve Cale who both went under the previous course record.

June 9th - Tried my hand at a 5km road race. The Park Hall 5km is a pretty quick course and so gave me a reasonable chance to post a PB. Sure enough the run went ok,despite being rather one paced. Finished second in 16.19.

June 15th - Went to tame the "beast". This little fell race nr Mold called 'The Beast' was great 'till me and Steve Cale,while leading by a distance, got lost ! The beast had gotten away this time,but i will be back !

June 16th - Went to defend my Rodneys Pillar fell race title....and failed ! Not to worry i had a good run finishing 3rd behind Tim Davies and Steve Cale (these 2 are annoying me :-) ) knocking about 11sec off last years time.

June 23rd - Race number 4 in the Shropshire summer series. Pontesbury is a little toughy with 1100' of climb in less than 3 mile. Ran well to finish 2nd behind Steve Cale.

June 27th - Moel-y-gamelin fell race,10mile 2750'. A great race organised by a good friend Pete Norman up the Horse shoe Pass. I have done this race for the past 3 years and fancied my chances as my main trophy blockers Tim Davies and Steve Cale were not in attendance. Sure enough i went off quickly despite the heat and pulled out a good lead,had the luxury of easing back for the last 3 miles to register a pleasing victory.

3 comments:

  1. Well done on the win. Steve Cale is doing really well this year.

    I keep seeing you at the Shropshire races and mean to say hello. I will at the next one.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was chatting to Steve about you the other day by chance mr Lightning.....he said you were making the trip to do Skiddaw. I'll see you there ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well yes, i did see you at Skiddaw for the very briefest of hand shakes. Then again as you were passing me on the way down. I saw Steve slightly earlier on the descent but he had obviously missed the right turn accross the grass at the pile of stones. Did you ? If you didn't you may well have over taken him. Not seen the results yet so I don't know the outcome. I had to drop a friend off after the race so didn't get chance to see you guys before I went home. Stiperstones ? Snowdon ? See you at one of them I'm sure.
    John

    ReplyDelete